Favorite TOFU Recipes
Tofu Scramble/Scrambled Tofu
- 3 T oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- other chopped vegis of choice (Potatoes, Carrots, Kale,tomato, broccoli)
- 1 # silken tofu
- 1/4 C nutritional Yeast
- 2 T vegi broth powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 C bacos (optional(
- Heat oil, medium heat..
- Add onions, peppers, (broccoli, potaoes, carrots)
- Saute til thickest vegis are nearly cooked through
- Add garlic and mushrooms, cook til done, and no liquid in pan.
- Crumble in Tofu.
- Sprinkle with yeast, broth, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until heated through.
- Stir in bacos.
Tips / Options / Notes
Use whatever YOU like of course! You can make a very plain scramble, leaving out all the vegis, using just tofu, or use any vegis you choose, or fresh herbs. You do need the nutritional yeast and broth powder for the best flavor. vegi sausage is great mixed in also!
Some recipes call for a teaspoon or two of turmeric, which add even more yellow color, and more nutrition. I am not a big fan of the flavor though, so personal choice to add or not...