Favorite TOFU Recipes
Worlds Best Tofu Teriyaki
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup brown Sugar
- 2 T oil
- 1 T freshly grated ginger root
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 # Extra firm regular tofu, pressed and dried (or dry fried) Slice into 3/4 " thick steaks.
Merinate in sauce for 30 minutes to 2 hours, or overnight if not using frozen tofu or prebaked, or it might soak up too must marinade.
Best when grilled! About 5 minutes each side.
or Bake 350 degrees 15 minutes, flip over, brush with more sauce, and bake 15 minutes more.
Tips / Options / Notes
- Serve with white rice.
- Slice up onions, bell peppers and whole portobello mushrooms, marinate and cook along side tofu... Pineapple too!
- Thicken leftover sauce and pour directly over vegis, rice, and tofu...
- This recipe was originally given to my mom from a local Hawaiian... in the 1950s