Favorite TOFU Recipes
Asian Stirfry with tofu and vegis
- Start with heating a couple tablespoons of oil in a pan. over med.
- Add any vegetables you want. (Onion, bell pepper, Broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, baby bokchoy, mushrooms, celery, carrots etc...)
- Keep them around the same size and thickness, adding the thickest ones first, (broccoli, cabbage, carrots) cooking the thicker ones a couple minutes before adding thinner...
- You want to keep everything in one layor, so use a big pan or wok.
- (I try to always include, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms)
- Add 1-2 T fresh grated gingerroot.
- Saute until vegis are nearly cooked through.
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 block (more or less) Firm regular tofu, pressed then cut into bite size pieces.
- Small can sliced water chestnuts
- large can bean sprouts (or add handfull of fresh beansprouts with ginger above)
- Small can mushrooms. (if you didn't use fresh)
Mix then add to hot pan and vegis:
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1/2 c water
- 1-2 T brown sugar
- 2 T broth powder
- 1 T cornstarch
Tips / Options / Notes
- Serve with white rice.
- or over crispy chow mein noodles or Prepared Ramin Noodles
- This is a basic basic recipe... Use what you have on hand...
- Try adding Cashews!
- or a little sesame oil
- or a little hot sauce!
- Make it yours! You know what you like!
- Prebaked or fried tofu works great in here.
- You can use soft tofu in here but it will break up into small pieces, which can be ok too.