Favorite TOFU Recipes
Summer Rolls with Tofu and fresh vegis
For 8 Summer Rolls
- 1 package rice paper (smaller works better)
- Bean thread soaked/drained/blotted dry
- 1 cup fresh cilantro and/or basil and/or mint
- 1 cup shredded cabbage. (Purple if possible)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cucumber cut in long strips 4" long x 1/2" x 1/2" thick. Need 8
- 1 firm tofu cut in long strips, 4" long x 1/2" x 1/2" thick. Need 8
- Soak 1 rice paper, at a time, in water for 5 minutes in big bowl.
- Lay it on plate to work.
- Place 1/8 th of bean thread noodles in center.
- top with 1/8th of remaining spring roll ingredients.
- Tuck top side of rice paper over ingredients.
- Fold sides over ends.
- roll up.
Serve with peanut sesame sauce, or other favorite dipping sauce.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (or saki or plain vinegar)
- 1/2 cup vegi broth
- 2 T fresh grated ginger root or 1 T powered
- dash (or more) crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T peanut butter
- 2 t cornstarch in 1 T water
- Mix all in sauce pan. Heat til slightly thickened.
- Add 1/4 cup sesame oil.
Tips / Options / Notes
(Hint: I use 2 rice papers per roll to make it stronger)
spread 1 tablespoon of peanut sesame sauce on rice paper before rolling up