- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 T garbanzo flour (or use flour)
- 2 T vegi broth powder*
- 2 T nutritional Yeast
- Oil for frying
- Additional garlic salt and nutrtional yeast
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Slice Tofu into 1/2 inch, bread size fillets for steaks or sandwiches. or 1 inch cubes for stir fry or snack size nugget pieces.
- Coat all sides of tofu with dry ingredients.
- Heat oil over medium hot. Fry all sides of tofu until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with mixture of garlic salt and nutritional yeast.
- Eat right away! or great cold too!
Tips / Options / Notes
- *I prefer Frontier brand beefy vegetarian broth powder
- Freeze tofu and thaw/drain before for a slightly chewier texture.
- Perfect for adding to other dishes, like a stirfry
Can be used in a sandwich alone or with any sandwich toppings... lettuce, vegan mayo, mustard, tomato, vegan tofurkey...
Great plain or dipped in bbq sauce, ketchup, steak sauce, homemade sauces.....
Try marinating plain tofu in your favorite marinade for 30 plus minutes first!
Use this on pasta such as Mushroom Fettucini .